cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Add a Subscriber to a Private List from The TUI

kneumann
Level 1
Level 1

My customer is trying to add a specific subscriber to a private list via the TUI. Everytime they get the message "This recipient's e-mail address does not exist" They can add this subscriber fine through the SA. It appears to be isolated to only this subscriber.

Everything else for this subscriber works fine. They can receive and retrieve messages fine.

This is Unity 3.1.5 Voicemail only, E2K

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kelly

3 Replies 3

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you check SQL to see if this user has a SMTP address? You can run this script from Query analyzer...

use Unitydb

select SMTPaddress from subscriber where alias = 'the alias of the subscriber'

Then press F5

If they are really getting messages, then they really have one in Exchange. There's a rare instance where a Unity subscriber won't get the directory's SMTP address for a user. If this really is the issue: it's in the directory, but not in SQL, it's really easy to fix. Just make a change to that user in AD users and computers. You can simply change their last name, and click OK. Then you can go back and change the name back to what it was in the first place. It doesn't matter what gets changed, just as long as somethign does. Then wait for about 2 minutes and check SQL again.

They are running MSDE. It doesn't seem to give me access to Query Analyzer.

I have gone ahead and made a change in AD and have left a message for the customer to try it again and let me know if it works.

I will let you know if this resolved the issue.

Thanks,

Kelly

You could use OSQL or Enterprise manager to do the same thing. If they change the object and this still doesn't work, we'll take a closer look at that user in SQL.