cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add certain administrator users to Unity 3.1.5

maslaga
Level 1
Level 1

I searched the forums because I am sure someone else has run into this before, but I must not have been searching with the right lingo.

I've got a half-dozen users that are domain admins/administrator priviledges members and I am not able to add them into Unity, I get an error message and then they half-way exist in Unity with n/a for an extension.

Any idea how I can get around this?

2 Replies 2

cool... just for folks stumbling on this thread down the road, there's a tool to help uncover rights issues like this on particular users (for import) or containers (for creation). The Directory Access Diagnostics (DAD) tool can be found here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_DAD.htm

You'll find a training video and the help file there as well - short story is you log in as the directory facing account Unity is using and point it at an account you're having trouble importing (in this case). It'll run a series of tests to see if we have read/write access to all the properties on that user we'll need to import them. If not, you'll get a laundry list of where it comes up short - this can help speed up the troubleshooting process quite a bit.

For problems creating new users in a container you point it at the container in question and it'll run a different set of tests to see if that account has rights to add new users in a similiar fashion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: