cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot add users

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

The exchange administrator rebuilt the exchange server that Unity was registered to. This was on 3.0 Unity. This of course stopped Unity from working. A TAC case was opened, and they tried to edit registry to restore this connection. They were unsuccessful. I came into the picture then. I proceded to delete all registry entries under the Active Voice key that refer to their exchange servers. I then ran configuration setup to make that connection occur again. I set the server to goto the first exchange server. It then came up. I then proceded to upgrade to 3.1.3, to get the server more stable. The upgrade completed successfully. After the reboot though, the server would not start. I tried many things from advise of TAC, that did not work. I then tried deleting exchange server entries in the registry again and running configuration setup. I also deleted the Unity Profile in the registry and the user in AD for that profile. I followed this procedure for all three servers, hoping one of them would register and sync with Unity. I then did it one more time, but did not delete the profile this time. I ran the config setup against the first exchange server, and it worked. Unity is up and running. The only issue I am having now is that I cannot add users. It seems that the subscriber templates are corrupted. I cannot add or delete them from Unity. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem? We are planning to completely reinstall the Unity server in the near future. I don't know if that is completely necessary if we can get the templates fixed. I would also like any information I can get on the exchange and unity connections, how to change exchange server names without rebuilding unity, how to rebuild the exchange server Unity is registered to without rebuilding unity. Are there any documents detailing how exchange and unity work together and how to edit this environment to accommodate changes?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Joe Brown<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

This post makes my head hurt a little... I'm not clear what, exactly, you've been deleting in the registry before rerunning part 2 setup or what steps TAC asked you to take so I can't really get a good feel for your system state.

I can't speculate what would be happening with the templates, I'd have to get into your system and poke around a little to see. I'd also be concerned about the integrity of the rest of the DB associations if the templates are hosed up. If you have remote access to your system you can ping me tomorrow and I can look around for a few minutes anyway.

Yes, there are steps for pointing Unity at a different Exchange server, we're working on automating them (along with the ability to pick a new GC among other things) to assist with this type of issue in the field.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)