cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Delete Default Device Pool

rgoodwin7399
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to delete the Device Pool called Default. The dependency records show that 4 device defaults are using this device pool but I have verified that is not the case. When I try to delete it I get this error. "Delete failed. The pkid column in the devicepool table in the database is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records and remove the reference and the try the delete again." Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 Replies 8

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am not sure whether you can delete default device pool as it will be assigned to auto registered devices by default.

You can't delete the device pool if it's the only one available in the database.

See below link & tailored info below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b02devpl.html

If it is possible You cannot delete a device pool if any devices are assigned to it, if it is used for Device Defaults configuration, or if it is the only device pool in the database. If you try to delete a device pool that is in use, a message displays. Before deleting a device pool that is currently in use, you must perform either or both of the following tasks:

•Update the devices to assign them to a different device pool. Refer to the "Deleting a Phone" section on page 82-6.

•Delete the devices that are assigned to the device pool that you want to delete. Refer to the "Deleting a Phone" section on page 82-6.

With best regards...
Ashok

No devices assigned to it. Is there a way to tell auto-registration to use a different device pool?

Yes, change it in device defaults

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have all of my device defaults set correctly. Running version 6.1.3-3190-1 and no where in device defaults does the default device pool show up as assigned but the database still thinks it is. Nothing in device defaults I can see that relates to auto registration. Any other ideas?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rachel,

Just to confirm, when you went to the Device Defaults page via ccmadmin, there were no device types using the "Default DP"?

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, that is correct. I have checked it about 10 times to make sure.

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Did you solve this issue? I have the same problem running CUCM7.1.2 Might it be because this DevicePool was migrated with DMA from CCM4.2 to CUCM7.1.2?

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

I wasn't able to delete it but I was able to rename it to something that worked for me.

Regards,

Rachel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: