Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot dial Unity from Definity Attendant Console

We have a dual integration CCM/Definity GX Unity setup.

Everything is working fine except the operator cannot call a Definity user's phone and leave a voice mail. It looks like it's calling, but it just drops the call without hearing a ring or anything. She also cannot dial the pilot number for Unity on the Definity side. This is very strange. Has anyone seen this before?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cannot dial Unity from Definity Attendant Console

I am assuming you are using a Calista PBX Link to integrate to the Avaya switch. The PBX link can be set up in either Transfer Mode or Bridge Call appearance.

Transfer mode is where the Calista box has appearances of the VM ports but it answers all calls and imideately transfers the call to an available VM port along with a SMDI packett including call information.

Bridge mode is where all calls go directly to a VM port and the Calista box just monitors the VM ports line appearances for display information and sends a SMDI packett to the VM with call information about the call.

I suspect that you are set up in Transfer Mode and the attendant console can not be transfered.

Cisco Employee

If you are set up in transfer mode for a speciffic reason, in order to work around this issue, you will have to dedicate one or two of the last VM ports for the Attendant by taking them out of the Hunt Group (which would include removing the appearance from the Calista PBX Link)

Then the attendant could just call those speciffic ports to gain access to the VM system. (There would be no integration for the attendant when calling these ports) The attendant would just reach the main greeting.

I would like to be in bridged mode, especially since my users are complaining of one extra ring, but it wouldn't work. Cisco's instructions state that the vector should look like this for each voice mail extension...

route to number 2002 if unconditionally

route to number 2003 if unconditionally

and so on...

When we set it up, it looks like this...

route-to number 1288 with cov y if unconditionally

route-to number 1289 with cov y if unconditionally

The problem is that only the 1288 would work. It wouldn't skip to the next open VM line.

We were able to fix this by changing the 'cov y' to 'cov n' such as this...

route-to number 1288 with cov n if unconditionally

route-to number 1289 with cov n if unconditionally

However, this broke something else. When a subscriber would call in with this setup, they would only get the opening greeting instead of, "please enter your password"

This is why I ended up moving to transfer mode.

I can get around the problem of calling directly into the VM system by having the attendant call a number that's trunked to the VoIP side and then back into Unity. The problem is that if she calls a phone on the Definity side and they don't pick up, she never goes to their voicemail, it just hangs up.

Any help getting bridged mode to work, or just finding a work around for transfer mode would be helpful.

Cisco Employee

What is the "Prime Number" set to in the PBXLink. Is it the Vector DN? Or is it the DN of the first port of Unity?

It is set to the DN of the first port of Unity.

Cisco Employee

I don't know. We'd have to have you monitor the display of the PBXLink and see what serial packets are coming in when the call doesn't work. Sounds like the switch programming is slightly different that what we doc'd and tested.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content