Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot do more that one ExecuteItem in a CiscoIPPhoneExecute

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a service that would activate the secondary message on the Cisco Voice Mail account.

After the voice mail password, the digit sequence is 4 - 1 - 1 - 2.

I cannot do it in one shot because there is no temporisation digit that I know of, and a temporisation is needed before the last digit (2).

It seems like the execution of the file stops after the first ExecuteItem. I can't find why.

Here is my code, if you see anything, please let me know.

The Key:Mute is just a test so that I could actually see if it was worhing.

serverIP = Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR");

Response.Buffer = true;

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Write("<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>\r\n");

Response.Write("<ExecuteItem Priority='0' URL='Dial:2101**"+szBoite+"#"+szMdp+"#411"+"."+"2'/>\r\n");

Response.Write("<ExecuteItem Priority='0' URL='Key:Mute'/>\r\n");

Response.Write("<ExecuteItem Priority='0' URL='Key:KeyPad2'/>\r\n");

Response.Write("</CiscoIPPhoneExecute>\r\n");

Response.Flush();

%>

Thank You

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cannot do more that one ExecuteItem in a CiscoIPPhoneExecute

I believe that invoking the Dial URI takes the phone off-hook, which prevents further ExecuteItems from being processed (i.e. it interrupts the XML application).

It is unfortunate that you cannot just add the 2 to the dialed digit stream. I don't suppose just using multiple 2's is a workaround? :)

Unless there are other options, you may have to resort to JTAPI or an IVR app to accomplish this.

I wonder if this would be a viable idea for an extension to the AXL/Soap API (ie extend the API with the ability to control Unity features and services).

Silver

Just to add to this...

The autodialer.jsp example from the IPPS SDK does what you are trying to do, and it does it by pushing multiple executeitems using the Key:KeyPadx style URIs rather than the dial URI.

Note that it also has the ability to introduce pauses into the dial process (by doing a sleep() call between pushes).

It's not entirely efficient (a seperate push for each digit) but it works, and in combination with something like the pushauthenticate.asp implementation described in the SDK this would likely be a viable solution.

You may be able to produce similar results in ASP (calling the phonepush() method from CiscoIPServices/asp/include/phonepush.asp multiple times as in the jsp example).

Well thank you for this answer.

I'll try this today and I'll let you know.

Regards

Hello

At first I thought it was a heavy procedure for just one service. But with a closer look, I understand it opens a larger way for other application.

I have to say I am not very enthusiastic about the push authentification process using a "super user" associated with all the phones. We have approximately 400 phones. Shall have 4 or 5 super users ?

Of course my question does not apply for my specific Voice mail application. It's general question for future applications.

However, thank you for your advices. I found every thing in the sdk. I cannot say that I am fully satisfied with the solution, but the solution exists.

Cordially

Oliver

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content