Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Cannot Get IP Address via DHCP

My 7940 phones will not get an IP address and I cannot change the network configuration settings on the phones from the factory defaults.

I have a 6509 w/ msfc with data and auxilary vlans configured plus a 3640 as a H.323 gateway. We have a Windows 2000 dhcp server on our network. I configured a voice scope (10.20.x.x) with option 150 on the Windows dhcp server - no luck.

Then I setup a dhcp server on the publisher, also a Windows 2000 server, (10.63.x.x) same scope and option 150 with ip-helper address added to the msfc - still no luck.

As a last resort I setup a dchp pool on the gateway router which on the same segment as the voice vlan - no luck.

The voice vlan is active and the phone is detected. The vlan interfaces are up/up.

Any suggestions on what the dhcp issues are, and how can I change the settings on the 7940 phones manually?

1 REPLY

Re: Cannot Get IP Address via DHCP

could you post the configs ?

unless the phone is defective, you are missing something. to change the phone network settings manually, press **# which will unlock the network config.

Can a pc get dhcp address on the same port?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content