Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot "Message notification" to PSTN phone from Unity

Hi all,

I want to notify an urgent voice message to my mobile phone by using "Message Notification" on Cisco unity. I set the number 991239123. (where 91239123 is the mobile phone number and 9 is a access code). However, after I leave a urgent message to the user. I cannot get notification from my mobile phone. The following is my setting

PSTN--PBX--GW--CCM--Unity

I guess the problem is due to a long delay on making a outside mobile phone call from Unity. On CCM, when I make a mobile phone, it takes around 5-6 sec. Hence, if I make such call from Unity, maybe a longer delay. Can I configure the Unity with longer delay so that it can successful make a mobile call from Untiy.

Thanks for your help!!

1 REPLY

Re: Cannot "Message notification" to PSTN phone from Unity

What is this delay you're talking about? Are you referring to interdigit timeout? Check your CCM traces when you try dialing the cell phone from an ip phone. Does it match against the proper route pattern immediately, or does it say potential matches still exist?

You need to eliminate the interdigit timeout as it can cause problems, and not just with Unity. When you dial to a local PSTN number using an ip phone, you shouldn't have to wait for the timeout. The call should go immediately. Your CCM trace will should you what you're hitting that's causing the conflict.

adam

Views
Helpful
Replies