Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot re-add a specific non-imported user after upgrade from 2.4.0

We upgraded Unity 2.4.0 to 4.0(2), and subsequently to 4.0(3) - same problem on both 4.0(x) versions.

This user was a Default Administrator COS, and had her mailbox "hidden" in Exchange at the time of the upgrade. During the Import2x process, this mailbox was one of three that failed to import.

I now try to add the account using the Administrator tool. I get the following error message:

"Unrecognized Error 0x800700005 has occurred. The new subscriber was not successfully added."

I have verified that the account does not exist in Unity, I have searched the SQL tables for any reference to the user's alias and have successfully added (and removed) the user's extension as an "Alternate Extension" to my own account to rule-out a duplicate-extension problem.

Any ideas for solutions are most appreciated.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cannot re-add a specific non-imported user after upgrade fro

If you can see the user in the SA for import and it then fails during the import process, it's almost certainly a permissions issue of some sort (if I'm not understanding the scenario here, let me know).

Is this still Ex55 or did you also upgrade to 2000 along the way here? If you did, make sure this user is not in a container that is not inheriting permissions from above (this is a common issue) - you can check out DAD (Directory Access Diagnostics) off CiscoUnityTools.com for help here.

If this is Ex55 it sounds like we're not being allowed to update one or more properties on that account for whatever reason... althought that'd be pretty unusual in 5.5 (common in AD).

Yes, you are correct, I can see the user in SA for import, and SA retrieves the name, phone, etc. information from the GC.

I have no problems importing other users, even ones from the same OU, I just have trouble with this one account.

We did introduce Exchange 2000 with the ADC back to our 5.5 site, and the Partner server for Unity is the Exchange 2000 server.

I went ahead and moved the user's mailbox to the Exchange 2000 server (we're migrating anyway) and nothing changed in the SA behavior.

It seems to me that pieces of this user's SID exist in Unity's database somewhere and when it tries to add the user Unity throws an exception and fails.

Would there be any point in exporting a .PST file, deleting the mailbox, and then recreating it to attempt to generate a new mailbox SID?

FOLLOW UP:

Jeff S. at Cisco TAC helped me solve this problem For those interested, here is the solution:

It turns out that the administrative-level user I was trying to add had inherited rights turned off in Active Directory. That is to say that she was not inheriting permissions from her OU like the rest of the users.

I simply turned on permissions inheritance for this user, and suddenly Unity had rights to update her metadata in the directory, etc. and was able to add her as a subscriber.

Such a simple and elegant solution....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content