Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

cannot restart device from CCM 3.2 Administration website or BAT

Whenever I make changes to phones, and try to restart the phones, it doesn't work. If I want to reset the phone, that works ok. This is especially problem when I use BAT to update phone lines. In this case I don’t have an option to choose whether I want to restart or reset the phones, or do none of the above. The default option is that after the change is made, the phones are supposed to be restarted, but that never happens. This means that after I make the changes, I have to take additional step of resetting the phones whose lines I previously modified. Does anybody has any idea why I cannot restart the device from CCM, and how can this be fixed.

Dragan Novakovic

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: cannot restart device from CCM 3.2 Administration website or

So you are saying that the configured changes on the phones don't appear after a restart, only after a reload, correct? What version of ccm is this?

If you have a phone you can watch when you hit restart, watch it...you should see the LCD display filkker when you hit restart, if you see this, the changes should be there. Certain changes require a reset to take effect.

You can easily change the behaviour of BAT to reload instead of restart.

Re: cannot restart device from CCM 3.2 Administration website or

Thank you for your prompt answer. The fact, is that I apparently misunderstood the meaning of the word "restart". I thought that that meant rebooting the phone. This is why I always missed that part when the LCD display flicker. However, if it isn’t to hard for you, could you give me an idea how change the behavior of BAT to reload instead of restart. Since you claim it to be easy, I would like to know how is it done.

Thanks in advance,

Dragan Novakovic

Views
Helpful
Replies