cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot restore the database after callmanager is rebuild

shirishpatil
Level 1
Level 1

I have done a complete installation of callmanager and than trying to restore my backup data ...

i have checked the following things.

1.Version of the current callmanager is same to the previous version of which the backup exist.

2.BARS version which i am using is also the same one, which was used when taking the orginal backup.

The following the error which i get from BARS is attached

7 Replies 7

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Does database CCM0305 exist? How about CCM0300?

What does DBLhelper say?

[05:03:59 AM] Removing database publishing from Ccm0300.

[05:04:57 AM] Restarting SQL Server.

[05:05:02 AM] Dropping Ccm0300 from 172.24.6.21.

[05:06:12 AM] Restoring Ccm0305 on 172.24.6.21.

[05:06:17 AM] [Error] Failed to restore database: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]An internal consistency error occurred. Contact Technical Support for assistance.

[05:06:17 AM] Database Ccm0305 on server 172.24.6.21 restored successfully.

[05:06:17 AM] Fixing restored users on database Ccm0305.

[05:06:51 AM] Recreating database publishing on Ccm0305.

[05:07:26 AM]

[05:07:26 AM] [Error] Restore failed for CCM on 172.24.6.21.

[05:07:26 AM]

When i did a complete new istallation the database which i could see in sql enterpise manager was CCM0300...but the back up contains the new database ccm0305.

I didnt try running the db helper after the restore failed..but before restore it shows only my publisher with a green smile.

Thanks for your help.

Did you choose same server recovery?

Please see the BARS restore docs at the below URL. It sounds like the steps you did may have been other then what is documented.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00805e6499.html

No i did not choose the same server recovery..i had choosen new installation..

i did the following steps...

Replacing an Existing or a Failed Server

When one server is configured to replace an existing or failed server, the new server uses the IP information and computer name of the original server. To replace an existing or failed server, perform the following tasks:

•Install the operating system and the software as if it were a new installation.

•Upgrade the application to the version of the backup that you want to restore.

•Restore the backup data to the new server.

You must have backup data stored on tape or on a network directory, not on the local directory of the existing or failed server, to replace the server.

Still it doesnt work.

Thanks for your help

This should work even if you are rebuilding as a new server. It should not matter if you have subcribers or not. You can always add subscribers later.

I've done rebuilding process many times and what you are doing looks correct. The error message indicates there are issues withing SQL. Not much more info. Check the OS version, maybe you are missing some SQL patches.

Try stopping antivirus and Security Agent if you have them running.

Do you get any errors in the server Security Event log? I remember some of the Microsoft patches reset permissions on some accounts - maybe you are having a problem with that, and need to manually fix permission.

Mary Beth

Here is one of them I kept:

- The USER CCMServiceRW needs to be added to the ADMINISTRATORS group in Windows. Goto the Computer manager and select USERS /GROUP and select ADMINISTRATORS, Add CCMServiceRW to this group. This will stop the security errors logged after applying 2.7SR4.

Mary Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: