Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot retrieve voicemail from messages button but recieve via Email

Currently running Unity 3.1(2). A voicemail user presses the messages button,

enters password, Unity says you have voicemail , but no messages played. Via exchange no problem recieving VM. Administrator already deleted Unity account and recreated it. Any ideas?

Thanks

6 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Cannot retrieve voicemail from messages button but recieve v

The email client accessing the mailbox is probably downloading all messaging locally. Messages need to be left on the Exchange server for Unity to gain access to them. I would start by double checking to make sure that is not the case. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

Keith

This is not the case. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

I remember something similar to this with a client-side application on the user's PC that was monkeying with some of the properties on the message. If you shut the client's PC down (just turn it all the way off), leave a new message, and call back in to retrieve it, does it still happen? Does it happen to multiple users or just a few?

I have gathered more info on this from our client. A VM is left, MWI is on.The user presses the MSG button, enters password, gets a msg. when accessing vm telling them that their inbox is almost full, then dead air, cannot play new message. Recieves VM via Outlook and can listen to the VM left, MWI off after checking VM. That is exactly what is happening. Any Ideas?

Thanks Alot

John

Cisco Employee

Check the application event log for errors...

No errors regarding the issue here. It's only happening to 1 VM user. Any ideas?

Thanks Again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content