Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot see Exchange 5.5 Users on Unity 3.1(5) When trying to import

Hi everybody,

I hope somebody know about this i realy need help.

When i try to add a new subscriber from an Exchange server i cannot find the User that im looking for.

It only shows a message that tolds me that the user cannot be found.

What could be causing this issue?

On advice, thanks.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Cannot see Exchange 5.5 Users on Unity 3.1(5) When trying to

If you search out here on the forum you'll find probably 100 posts along these lines. There are two very common problems that trip people up in Exchange 5.5 here:

1. the users you are trying to import are/were a subscriber at one time and were not properly removed. You need to clean custom attributes 12 and 14 off the user before they can be imported into another Unity server.

2. The "allow rich text" property is not set for these users. This value means, among other things, that clients are allowed to log into this mailbox using MAPI - Unity needs this value set to "1". You can check this value by opening Exchange in raw mode (pass the "-r" command line option) and open the raw properties for the user. If you see it listed with a value of "0", that's your problem.

Re: Cannot see Exchange 5.5 Users on Unity 3.1(5) When trying to

Hi thank you for your answer, i checked your two suggestions, thats a common problem as you say on your reply.

I checked a little bit more this problem, unity answer correctly the call but and goes to the user welcome mesagge and i send the message but when the user try to check it, there is no message.

Im thinking that its an Exchange sinc issue.

Thanks for your answer.

Views
Helpful
Replies