Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot send emails to non-local email addresses using email manager

Hi,

I have a situation here where I cannot send mails to the outside email addresses using cisco email manager. I am able to receive emails from the outside and process it using the email manager rules. I am also able to send emails within the local email addresses (only to the addresses on the email server) but I am not able to reply back or send new emails to the non-local addresses.

I get the following error.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'sthallik@berbee.com'. Subject 'test mail', Account: 'cemtest2', Server: '172.30.30.27', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '551 delivery not allowed to non-local recipient', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 551, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

In order to isolate the problem, I logged into the same email account in Outlook express but I was still not able to send emails to the outside addresses. But there is one setting in Outlook express that when set allows me to send emails to the outside. I changed a setting that allows me to use the same incoming email account for sending outgoing mails. When I did that, I was able to send emails to non-local email addresses.

Is there any setting for the cisco email manager which will let the SMTP server use the same incoming account setting for sending emails? How do I resolve this? I would very much appreciate if you can help me regarding this. I had no luck with TAC till now.

Thanks,

Sanjeev Thallikar

Software Engineer

Berbee

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Cannot send emails to non-local email addresses using email

I think it has something to do with Authentication. Check the authentication setiings.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content