cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot unlock network configuration on 7960

matth
Level 1
Level 1

I have three 7960's that will not allow me to change the TFTP server address. With all of the other 7960 phones in the office i can enter "**#" at the option that i wish to change, select edit, etc... Those operate as they should however, i have these three that will not allow that same process. I can enter "**#" prior to entering the network config menu, the icon says that the features are unlocked, when I go to set the TFTP or any other setting and press "edit" the message I get is "The key is not active here".

I have also tried entering, the "**#" before the network menu, and entering the code again at the TFTP setting. It still will not unlock.

Any ideas on what else could be causing this would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Matt

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are these phones using the same firmware as the phones that work properly? If not, try upgrading the firmware. If they are on the same release, but it's not the latest, try upgrading to the latest release.

Brandon

sgelli
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Matt,

Once you unlock the phone (by hitting "**#"), scroll down to 32 (Alternate TFTP under Network Configuration). Change "Alternate TFTP" to YES. Then, go back to 8 (TFTP Server 1) and try pressing Edit.

Regards,

Srikanth

sqelli --

I just tried your suggestion. I am still having the same issue. I even set the alternate TFTP to yes, saved the changes and rebooted the phone. Neither had any effect. Thank you for your suggestion.

Matt

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

When it shows unlocked, (after pressing **#) is the Edit key grayed out (because of which it says " Key is not active") or is it clearly showing up ?

Are you able to test this phone with DHCP to grab a DHCP option 150 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes the edit key is grayed out despite it being unlocked. It is grabbing the appropriate IP address from our DHCP server.

It appears that the issue with the phone is that they are too old and therefore the firmware was out of date. Once the firmware was updated it worked properly. As far as setting the alternate TFTP it took the correct combination of using the **# and rebooting the phone to get it to allow me to set it.

Thanks To all that helped

Glad your problem is resolved. If you have a chance, would you mind to rate the post(s) that helped?

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: