cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant delet Unity subscriber

itartakovsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have Unity 3.1 on Exchange 2000. User mailbox was deleted first on Exchange. When I try to delete this account from Unity I can not do it - it still there anyway. Moreower I even can not change any accounts details. Please hepl to resolve it

Thanx

Ilia

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if it was partially removed and there's subscriber "residue" hanging out in the DB that you're seeing or what - if it was a fully formed subscriber it'd let you delete it - you didn't mention what happened when you tried to deleted it (i.e. did it put up an error? If so what was it?)

Either way you can remove the subscriber directly from SQL if necessary. You can do this in Enterprise Manager for SQL by opening the UnityDB database and going to the Subscriber table, find the user's alias and remove that row. SQL triggers will remove their related data in other tables for you. You can also use CUDLE's Query Builder or Microsofts Query Analyzer using a query that looks like this:

"DELETE FROM Subscriber WHERE Alias='xxx'"

where, of course, 'xxx' is the alias of the subscriber you want to remove.

When i press "delete subscriber" Unity replies - deleted sucsessfuly. But next time i make a queri- to find this deleted subscriber it appeares again.

And it was fully formed subscriber. I delete it finally from SQL db directly. thanx - it helps. But looks like there should be more correct way to do it - not disturbing DB

Thank you

Ilia

Obviously this isn't the normal way to delete a subscriber. Also, if you delete a user in the directory normally the directory monitor will pick up that deletion and remove them from the local database on the fly - but with nothing more to work with than what I have here I can't really speculate on why this didn't work or how your system got into the state it did with respect to this particular account.

OK

Thank You very much

Ilia

I have the same behavior with the same setup Unity 3.1 on Win2K. Symptoms are user not updating nor deletion of a user occuring. The server will respond to a user change such as the extension/name change only if I change and update 3-5 times within the property page of that subscriber in a fast paced fashion. The user cannot however be deleted at all. If I reboot the server, sql will update the change if completed within the first minute of the reboot, otherwise the deletion/update will not complete. The latest sql patch is installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: