Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant dial in to phone that auto-dials on lifting of handpiece

Hello

About a week ago I set up some phones that would autodial out when the handpiece is lifted, using this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

At first the requirement was that no one needed to dial in to these phones, but that requirement has changed. I changed the DN to a number that could be dialed from outside, however I am not able to dial in to the phone. Calling out still works as advertised.

I tried the DN in house, and get a "your call cannot be completed as dialed" from outside I get a "that number has been disconnected"

Where do I start looking?

Regards

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Cant dial in to phone that auto-dials on lifting of handpiec

The issue here is that this phone's Partition is not listed in Calling Search Space of assigned to the phones you are calling from as well as the CSS of the Gateway if different.

Simply assign the same partition to the DN of phone as the rest of the phones. The PLAR configuration which you mentioned above will remain the same.

Rate all helpful posts!

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

The issue here is that this phone's Partition is not listed in Calling Search Space of assigned to the phones you are calling from as well as the CSS of the Gateway if different.

Simply assign the same partition to the DN of phone as the rest of the phones. The PLAR configuration which you mentioned above will remain the same.

Rate all helpful posts!

Chris

I decided to add the PLAR partition to the calling search space of the gateway, and this solved the problem of not being able to call in to the number from outside, which was my main concern.

Thanks

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content