Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAR not working after installing ipcc express

After installing the co-resident CRS 4 that comes with callmanager 4.1, the CAR web interface no longer works -- we get "Page cannot be displayed" / cannot find server error when trying to open the interface. CDRs still work, i can pull records with the SQL query tool, the CRS server works, callmanager works -- it seems that just the CAR interface has been hit.

Any suggestions on what to do to get it going again?

the server is callmanager 4.13, CRS is 4.01 ipcc express standard.

john

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CAR not working after installing ipcc express

If when you are attempting to log in, you have the server name in your url, try changing that to the ip address and see if that works.

Mary Beth

I am using the IP address. I think that maybe it's a tomcat issue? Doesn't CAR use tomcat? CRS installs its own tomcat server -- i've never had a problem doing them coresident before, but that was in the CM 3.x/4.0 - CRS 3.x world.

Uninstall CAR - when it asks u whether u wanna remove the database, say no to it - then reinstall CAR - it should work.

Also make sure that DNS is working properly, or use IP addresses or make sure that your host file is updated.

Silver

Ah, that would make sense, it would bond with the new Tomcat service on reinstall. Let us know if that works, good for the notes (and don't forget to indicate that they resolved your issue)- I suppose you would never have had trouble if you did your coresident install before you ever installed CAR.

Mary Beth

that did the trick, thanks very much!

I had reinstalled CAR after IPCC Express, hoping it would just write over, but that didn't work. Uninstalling before reinstalling was the part i missed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content