Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Carrier Based Custom Ring Back

I had an HR department request that we block "Custom Ring Back Tones" provided by the cell carriers now in the US. Example: Sprint will allow you to pick MUSIC for the Calling Party to hear instead of the the US traditional ring back?

Does anyone have any ideas how to block the Custom, and potentially offensive material, cell carriers are selling?

We had a few complaints on a call center that does outbound calling campaigns that the employee's had been subjected to offensive material on the job site.

I have a mixture of H323 and MGCP gateways with PRI/FXO/T1 CAS used for outbound calling.

3 REPLIES

Re: Carrier Based Custom Ring Back

OK, on ALERTING (when the remote side sends PI = 8 in the ALERTING message, which means that inband information is to be provided) the gateway opens the voice channel in one side (from the called to the calling party) so the in-band ringback can be heard.

You can tweak the voice gateway to NOT open any RTP channel before receiving a Q.931 CONNECT message.

This is just a raw idea.

Interesting thought not sure how to do it on IOS though? Also would potentially other audio be dropped such as "All Circuits are busy" provided from the telco? Would the caller just hear dead air? Since we are ignoring the PI = 8?

Another question do you think the telco's bill a per minute charge since the "in-band" audio is open?

Seems like a standard should have been developed before the telcos started allowing this feature.

1. I will check later about the commands you could take advantage of in order to achieve your goal.

2. Yes, any other in-band message will not be heard.

3. No, they start charging on Q.931 CONNECT message.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content