cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAS support on VWIC-1MFT-E1 with NM-HDV

athar
Level 1
Level 1

Does VWIC-1MFT-E1 with NM-HDV support CAS ? Can this be used for voice-only applications i.e. to connect to a PABX etc. over CAS.

5 Replies 5

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Yes

I have been trying to connect a 3640 having VWIC-1MFT-E1 to a Nortel Meridian 61C, but it is not working. The interface on Nortel Meridian is a DTI interface that supports CAS. The E1 port comes up, but no calls are forwarded as there are some errors in the exchange of channel signalling parameters.

Can you suggest some example/ sample configuration for this scenario

thanx for getting back

Athar,

Did you ever get this to work ?

I am trying to do something similar.

Phil

Depends on what the defination of CAS is. We support E1 R2, which is the most common form of E1 CAS, but we can handle other variants such as wink start and immediate start. We can also customise the implementation with voice port command such as 'define tx-bits idle XXXX', 'define tx-bits seize XXXX', 'define rx-bits idle XXXX' and 'define rx-bits seize XXXX'

Depends on what the PBX is providing - give us more information on what it wants and we can probably do it.

I had an issue with a CAS integration to an NEC and after many weeks of agony came to realize that the NEC needed feature group b (e&m -fgb) support. fgb at the time was only supported on the AS5300.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: