Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Catalyst 3550PWR - IP Phone - power watts by phone

HI,

Need to choose some UPS model to backup the electrical source on some 3550PWR which connect IP phone. I know that Inline Power modules on Cat6K will deliver the exact amount of watt needed by Ip phone (IP phone tell the switch their power requirement via CDP).

Can somebody confirm me that 3550PWR will do the same, so that I can really consider the exact need of 6.3 watts instead of 15 watts (maximum by port) for calculating the power budget.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Catalyst 3550PWR - IP Phone - power watts by phone

I guess it is the same 6.3 watts for Cat 3550 also

show inline power status - for Cat OS

Show env power

Re: Catalyst 3550PWR - IP Phone - power watts by phone

I found the 3550 Command Reference. There is a "power inline" command, but there is not an option to adjust the power level. I have copied the power inline command below.

power inline

Use the power inline interface configuration command to set the inline-power state on the

inline-power-capable interfaces on the Catalyst 3550-24PWR switches.

power inline {auto | never} | [delay {shutdown seconds initial seconds}]

Note This command is available only on the Catalyst 3550-24PWR switches.

Syntax Description

Defaults The default for inline-power capable interfaces is auto.

No delay time is configured.

Command Modes Interface configuration

Command History

Usage Guidelines When using a Cisco Power Device, the delay shutdown command is not needed. Although you can

configure a delay shutdown time, it does not take any action on a connected Cisco device.

The delay shutdown command is only recommended for certain IEEE Power Devices that require

multiple reloads during initialization. Use the delay shutdown seconds initial seconds keywords to

configure the switch to continue providing power during initialization. Without using the delay

shutdown command, the switch removes power immediately when linkdown occurs on the connected

device.

Caution To avoid product damage, you should not connect any non-IEEE Power Device during the delay

shutdown time interval. When the delay shutdown command is active on a port, the port remains

powered after unplugging the IEEE Power Device for the configured time interval.

auto Automatically detect and power inline devices.

never Disable the detection and power for the inline-power-capable interface.

delay (Optional) Configure a power shutdown delay time.

shutdown seconds Configure the time that the switch continues to provide power to the device

after linkdown. The range is 0 to 20 seconds.

initial seconds Configure an initial time that the power shutdown delay is in effect. The

range is 0 to 300 seconds.

Release Modification

12.1(12c)EA1 This command was first introduced.

12.1(19)EA1 The delay shutdown seconds initial seconds keywords were added.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content