Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst dsp resources for conferencing and transcoding

erodrig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i´m trying to configure a catalyst ws-6608-e1 as dsp resources but never register in callmanager 3.3(2)

do i need some patch or sp?

do i need configure it first as gateway and then as dsp resources?

i just see this in the switch catalyst 6500

14:53:56 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 5/4 got reset asynchronously

thanks

6 Replies 6

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

Do a show port, make sure the port has an IP address, and TFTP server entry under it. The message you are seeing is normal for ports which arn't configured, and arn't disabled.

Hi

with the show port it shows me the ip add and the tftp server, looks like if everything was ok.

but don´t register in callmanager

Also make sure the ports are members of a VLAN that can see the VLAN the CallManager resides in.

Also make sure that the port is configured correctly on the Callmanager.

Here is an excerpt from a Cisco link on troubleshooting the 6608 blade

Another common problem is that the port is not configured correctly on the Cisco CallManager host. A typical error is incorrectly entering the MAC address of the elvis. If this is the case, you will probably continuously get the following on the NMP console every two minutes:

Check this link for more details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080153327.shtml

2000 Apr 14 19:24:08 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 7/1 got reset asynchronously

2000 Apr 14 19:26:05 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 7/1 got reset asynchronously

2000 Apr 14 19:28:02 %SYS-4-MODHPRESET:Host process (860) 7/1 got reset asynchronously

the ports are in the same vlan of callmanager, from ccm server if i do a ping the ports respond ok

Have a look in the log for thr TFTP server. See if you can see the conference ports trying to download their configs.

If not why not? it's probably a good place to start.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: