cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCC Eval/Demo

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to user the software on CCO to demo/evaluate CCC then install a license for teh product? I have a spare 7825-800 server that used to be a CCM.

After downloading the software I guess I can follow the install instructions for setup of CCC, but what is the best way to get an OS image on the system? Can I use the CCM CD's and just supply a different product code, or do I use a standard windows 2000 CD?

TIA

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

You should be OK to install the base image from the Original CCM CD's - just bail out at the point it asks you to insert the CallManager Installation CD.

Failing that you could build it as a Standard Win 2K Server box and add the 'well known' registry settings which would tell the CCC Installation program that you are in fact installing on an 'approved platform'

Chris

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Yes. As long as you can get the software running on te server you can go back in at a later date and plug a new license number in and it will work with the new license. It will adjust the number of allowed users based upon the license number you input.

Thanks for this. What about the base OS. I do not have the CCC CD's, so what would be the best way to get the base image on? Use the CCM CD's, standard win2k CD?

I guess I could uninstall CCM from the machine and then install CCC, but concerned incase this leaves stuff behind.

TIA

D

Hi David,

You should be OK to install the base image from the Original CCM CD's - just bail out at the point it asks you to insert the CallManager Installation CD.

Failing that you could build it as a Standard Win 2K Server box and add the 'well known' registry settings which would tell the CCC Installation program that you are in fact installing on an 'approved platform'

Chris

Travis/Chris

Thanks for the replies and the speed of them.

D

Hi David,

You could also try with this key: FVHD IAZA ROFJ DERJ

that set the MCS server for Windows 2000 only.

This seems like a good option also. Many thanks.

D

What are the well known registry settings that would allow me to install The CCM.

I have already built a Win 2K server but after i click the installer it decompresses and then tells me to use the cisco approved method. My hunch is that if i hack the registry settings as you suggest it will work.

Therefore can someone tell me the REGI settings. Thanks in advance