Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE Plaque

jayray001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do Cisco still give the plaque with engraved name on it or just a pice of paper with CCIE number on it.

Appreciate any response on this.

Thanks,

Jay

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jay

I did my CCIE Voice last year in Feb, and received...

1) Quite quickly a travel mug (which is nice, and quite useful - no CCIE logo on it, just a Cisco one though).

2) Some months later a certificate (a really cheap looking one - like someone had printed it from a wizard in MS Publisher, then stuck a gold seal on it).

3) CCIE Plaque - received about a month ago (11 months after the exam)... Not 'engraved' as such, but looks more like a 1cm thick portrait certificate... I've not seen the older plaques but this one looks fairly clean and modern though I wouldn't use it to decorate my home.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I did mine in Feb too!

Got a travel mug too, but I think that had nothing to do with CCIE, but more because you have a NetPro badge!

I got 2 plaques, both different, no idea why, maybe one is for the employers foyer :-o

Aha - the mug came without any note or email to explain... i'd assumed it was due to the CCIE but I was spending a lot of time on this forum at the time (study leave :-)))

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It had to be the forum - I have no certification, and I too got a mysterious, but nice, mug in the mail. I had also been able to spend more time on the forum, and had earned my badge.

Mary Beth

Thanks all for the answers.

I got my CCIe in DEc last year and all I got after 2 months is a cheap looking certificate.

Even my CCVP certificate looks nicer than the CCIE.

I didnt received any mugs or plaques yet. I think I have to wait for that.

Cisco use to give Gold Medals when they launched CCIE but I guess the exam fee increased since then and the quality of the awards degraded.

Jay