Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE Plaque

jayray001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do Cisco still give the plaque with engraved name on it or just a pice of paper with CCIE number on it.

Appreciate any response on this.

Thanks,

Jay

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jay

I did my CCIE Voice last year in Feb, and received...

1) Quite quickly a travel mug (which is nice, and quite useful - no CCIE logo on it, just a Cisco one though).

2) Some months later a certificate (a really cheap looking one - like someone had printed it from a wizard in MS Publisher, then stuck a gold seal on it).

3) CCIE Plaque - received about a month ago (11 months after the exam)... Not 'engraved' as such, but looks more like a 1cm thick portrait certificate... I've not seen the older plaques but this one looks fairly clean and modern though I wouldn't use it to decorate my home.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I did mine in Feb too!

Got a travel mug too, but I think that had nothing to do with CCIE, but more because you have a NetPro badge!

I got 2 plaques, both different, no idea why, maybe one is for the employers foyer :-o

Aha - the mug came without any note or email to explain... i'd assumed it was due to the CCIE but I was spending a lot of time on this forum at the time (study leave :-)))

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It had to be the forum - I have no certification, and I too got a mysterious, but nice, mug in the mail. I had also been able to spend more time on the forum, and had earned my badge.

Mary Beth

Thanks all for the answers.

I got my CCIe in DEc last year and all I got after 2 months is a cheap looking certificate.

Even my CCVP certificate looks nicer than the CCIE.

I didnt received any mugs or plaques yet. I think I have to wait for that.

Cisco use to give Gold Medals when they launched CCIE but I guess the exam fee increased since then and the quality of the awards degraded.

Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: