Views
Helpful
Replies

CCIE Voice LAB using VMware and GNS3

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I would be very pleased if anybody can tell me how i can stimulate a decent CCIE Voice lab using VMware and GNS3.

I have a desktop with core 2 quard processor and 4GB ram. I have installed VMware and i m running CUCM 6.1 on it as well i have installed GNS3.

I need to know how i can best utilize both these application to practice for CCIE Voice lab. Please note that i have a CCME router 3825+Ip Phones+CiscoPoE Switch running in my network.

Any kind of link and support from you will highly be commendable.

Regards,

Malik.

3 Replies 3

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Malik,

You can use the 1 pc for all both the CUCM image and GNS3 with the ram that you have...

Now if you plan on installing Unity, Presence, IPCC, etc I would then suggest dedicating this machine to VMWare images and having another maching run your gns3 routers. \

Place both machines in the same network.

I personally have a pc for my vmware images (CUCM, UNITY, PRESENCE, IPCC) running on linux and I have a laptop that I use for GNS3 and use for my IP Communicator, Personal Communicator, etc.

hth, plz rate

Regards,

Justin

Hi Justin,

Really appreciate your response. But boss i need to know how i can setup the lab. I have my laptop as well,on which i can run GNS3. Can you please send me some link which will help me setting up a basic lab for CCIE Voice.

Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

Please see the video at this link

http://www.blindhog.net/how-to-build-a-voice-lab-with-gns3-and-vmware/

HTH, plz rate

Regards,

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: