Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 3.1, PIX, and IP Phone problems

Last week we upgraded to CCM 3.1(2c), including the firmware versions of the 7910 and 7960 phones. 3.1(1.2) for both phones.

Since the upgrade the IP phones that are inside the firewall cannot make calls outside the firewall or to each other. IP phones from the outside however can call the inside phones. Before the upgrade everything worked fine.

Permit IP any any has been opened up on the firewall along with a list of PIX supported protocols that was found in the Cisco site. Fixup for skinny and H323 is also turned on. We have tried a different PIX in a test bed and had the same problem. PIX is running 6.1.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CCM 3.1, PIX, and IP Phone problems

Is the PIX actually doing NAT? If not, please try disabling the fixup for Skinny.

Did you upgrade from CCM 3.0.(x) to 3.1(2c)? I had a similar problems when I upgraded my PIX to 6.1 when I was using CCM 3.1(1). In PIX, there is a problem with Fixup for Skinny with newer version of the CCM so I had to turned that off to make it work. According to TAC, this is a known bug but hasn't been published yet.

Regarding the NAT question, no, the PIX is not doing NAT. Now that you mention it, it does make sense to turn the fixup command off. I will try this first thing on Monday.

Regarding what versions were upgraded to and from, yes, I believe it was from 3.0 to 3.1(2c). We are currently running 3.1(2c).

Thank you both for the excellent input. I will post the results of what happens.

Gentleman,

Removing fixup skinny fixed the problem. Thank you very much.

Thanks,

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content