Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.1Intracluster traffic on the Wan.

jbastardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible have intracluster traffic across a wan link. Also what will be the drawback and the approximate bandwidth needed to allow intracluster traffic across the wan.

Thks very much.

JB

4 Replies 4

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

There are very strict requirements on this. I am not sure if they are on cco yet but you can get up with your account team and they should be able to get the info for you.

Thank you,

-Mckee

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

JB,

Between call managers you need a hefty amount of bandwidth to ensure DB updates are carried out correctly.

I would suggest you do not put call managers in a cluster seperated by anything less than 10M.

Paul

You can run it on less than 10Mb, we've done it with an HSSI link using an 8mb pipe. But as Mike says there are strict guidelines to follow which I dont believe are on CCO as yet.

Its very personal to each set-up so I'd get in touch with your account team to discuss it, as you need to implement the correct queuing methods etc.

Thks guys for prompt reply.

Brgds JB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: