Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 3.2 Phone Liscnes

I was wondering how CCM knows if I bought a licenses for my phone or not. I am looking at buying this from my vender:

15 CP-7940G

15 SW-CCM-UL-7940

How would I go about adding these licenses to my CCM install if CCM does keep track of them? Do the same rules apply for softphones?

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: CCM 3.2 Phone Liscnes

CCM has no idea if you've bought a license for your phone. You _legally_ need to buy licenses to use IP phones and Softphone with CCM, but there is no technical or programmatic detection or enforcement of your license.

Thanks. I plan on keeping up to date with licenses, but I just wanted to make sure that i didnt need to add licenses to CCM manually. I didnt want to see issues like with Terminal Services licensing.

Am I correct in that Unity does keep track though? I have some license keys that my vender gave me for unity that he said to save in case we had to rebuild.

Gold

Unity definitely keeps track, and it won't let you add more subscribers than you have licenses. Go to the Licensing link under System in the navigation frame on the left when you're on the Unity SA webpage, and it will tell you where you stand on licenses consumed and available licenses.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content