Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.2 subscriber to Publisher

How can I permanently "promote" a subscriber to a publisher without reinstalling CCM?

3 Replies 3

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

There is not a way to "promote" a subscriber to a publisher. You will need to reinstall the server from and choose to install the software as a Publisher.

Can I ask why you want to make the subscriber a publisher?

tm

I need to install CRA on a lab box that I want to be a publisher. I do not/cannot easily get the key code to reinstall CRA. My thinking was to take a drive from a subscriber that has CRA installed on it, put it in my lab machine and boot from that drive, then make that box the publisher.

Here is another reason this need to be an option.

Customer has a Publisher and a Subscriber but does not have any RAID capability on either server. There is a problem on the publisher that causes the harddrive to fail hard. Currently the only way around this is to completely rebuild the publisher from scratch, hope that their backups are up to date. It would have been far easier to have been able to promote the Subscriber to be the Publisher, it already has the database, and then rebuild the failed system as a Subscriber.

This has happened to a couple of customers with the most painfull one where they had the 7750 server blade as the publisher and a MCS7825 as the Subscriber.

This option should be one of our tools for emergency repair of a IPT network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: