Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver

CCM 3.3.3 and 3.3.3SR2

Publisher is CCM 3.3.3. (OS 2.4) (SQL 8.00.760)

Subscriber is 3.3.3 SR2. (OS 2.5 SR4) (SQL 8.00.818)

If I register a test phone on the subscriber, the phone boots, but I can't dial out (IP-IP and IP-Out) and no one can call the phone. Checked Active/Standby CCM with the settings menu.

Main question becomes how to do the upgrade without downtime? I hoped to switch over the phones to the subscriber to upgrade the publisher.

Minor question is what is causing the problem (SQL or CCM)

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: CCM 3.3.3 and 3.3.3SR2

I can't say for sure that is causing your problem without seeing a trace file, but your configuration is not recommended.

Your software levels must match for CCM, the OS, and SQL within a single cluster. Perhaps because the CCM versions don't match on the Sub and the Pub is causing you problems? I don't understand why you would want to do that anyway?

Silver

In the process of upgrading. Trying to minimize total downtime.

Was intending to upgrade the pub first, then move the phones to the sub then upgrade the sub.

Works in a three server environment. (for the most part.) But I don't have a third server here.

Which server is the Primary CallManager? My guess is the Pubhisler is your Primary CallManager. Rebuild the Subscriber with same software version as the Publisher. Test to make sure server failover works. Change the Primary CallManager to the Subscriber. Upgrade the Publisher, upgrade the Subscriber. A Publisher can hae never software than a Subscriber, but not the reverse.

Silver

Hey, good call!!! Forgot about that.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Silver

Yup. Works now.

I'm an idiot. Uninstalled SP2 on the subscriber so that CCM versions are the same.

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content