cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.3.3 Change Location Of CDRs etc

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to change the location of our CDR Records. Currently these are being stored on the pubisher, and I am getting low on space. I do have it setup through the Cisco CDR/ART tool to purge cdr's over 90 days I think it is... My questions are as follows:

1. Do I just set a new location on another server that has ample space and has share type access?

2. How can I gain back the space on the pubisher that the current/past CDR's have taken up? For instance there are four files that are taking up pretty good chunks of space

a. art.mdf 1,437,888 kb

b. art_log.ldf 1,341,696 kb

c. CDR.mdf 1,581,696 kb

d. CDR_log.ldf 688,384

What would I do with these files? What is their purpose...what if they were to be deleted?

3. I use the CDR analysis and reporting tool standard with ccm to track accidental 911 calls or others as requested by managers.. Will this continue to work if the location of CDR's is changed? How will it know where to find the data to report on?

Let me know if anyone needs more data to help with this request. Hopefully I have worded what Im trying to accomplish in the right manner. Thank you

1 Reply 1

agopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello!

If you use ART(CAR), you need to have CDRs in the publisher server. If you decide to off load the CDRs to an off cluster server, then you have to use a third party software for billing. If you decide to do that, make sure to change the Enterprise parameter "Off Cluster CDR DSN".

I would suggest you just reduce the purge to 30 days. 90 days is too long. I am not sure if you have a particular reason for choosing 90 days.

For your specific questions:

1. Yes, you have to change ent parameters and make sure the other server is reachable by share from this server. i suggest you use the same username and password too.

2. You should purge data. Here are some web pages that might help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080100566.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008049aab0.shtml

The mdf file is the actual database. the log.ldf is the translational log. You should not mess with the mdf at all. The translactional log is something you can delete ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Please do not mess with it unless you are good with databases. By following the above web pages, you achieve the same result. The files will stay, but will shrink.

3. I answered this above.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: