cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.3 Post Upgrade Questions

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

I have performed the upgrade from 3.1(4b) SPD to 3.3(2) SPC. Once I have installed all the OS and SQL patches I have set about testing the system. I have found a couple of issues that I'm looking for clarification on.

1) Ringer List on 7940/60 Phones

The ring list seems to have defaulted down to the 2 standard rings on the IP Phone. Looks like the phone cannot find the Ringlist.xml file. Checked the TFTP Directory and the file exists here. Have reset the phone - still the same. Next unplugged the phone and reconnected - still the same. Finally stopped and restarted TFTP service - still the same.

I seem to remember something about having to refresh the cache on IIS or something to resolve this. Anyone remember this or have a solution to the above? Phone load is P00303030202

2) Extension Mobility

We used this under 3.1(4b) with the Login and Logout services. I have removed these and configured the extension Mobility Service as per CM Features and Services Guide. Everything works with the exception that the user can not logout of the phone. We encouraged everyone to logout when leaving the desk that they had logged in on under 3.1(4b) and setup a logout after 8 Hrs for those who had forgotten. Seems like we can only use the global logout option. Is this correct?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

David hi,

regarding your first problem, it is not a problem actually, but it is rather confusing because it is different from previous versions. If from the phone menu you select ring type, you will have two options available, one for default ring type, and one for the one line you configure on the phone (if you have more lines, I guess you have more options in your dispaly.) In this screen the first softkey from the left you have the option "select". Once you select (default ring type or per line) you then go to the list of all ring types where you can select the one you prefer.

At first I thought it was a bug too, but it is just different interface.

Yanna

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Resolved Question (2) Extension Mobility

On deleting the login and logout services and replacing with Etension Mobility Service did not add this to the User Device Profile. Once added, when chose service button and Extension Mobility Service, the phone prompts for logoff >Yes/No?

Regards

David

David,

Yor problem 1 was a known bug in 3.2 but I've not seen it in 3.3. Are you sure your looking at the screen correctly? I know this sonds silly but in 3.3 the display for changing the ring tone doesn't show you the list of ring tones immediatly, you have to pick the line first and then you get the list,

I think if you look at the screen after upgrade it looks like the list has dropped back to 2 options but I'm sure they'll all be there.

Paul

i.fouraki
Level 1
Level 1

David hi,

regarding your first problem, it is not a problem actually, but it is rather confusing because it is different from previous versions. If from the phone menu you select ring type, you will have two options available, one for default ring type, and one for the one line you configure on the phone (if you have more lines, I guess you have more options in your dispaly.) In this screen the first softkey from the left you have the option "select". Once you select (default ring type or per line) you then go to the list of all ring types where you can select the one you prefer.

At first I thought it was a bug too, but it is just different interface.

Yanna

Paul/Yanna

Just checked and as you both discribe this is the way the system interface has changed under 3.3(2). Pressed select and up came all the old favorites like 'Are you there?' :-)

Thanks again

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: