Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.3 to 4.1 Users and Phones import

Hello Experts,

I just built a 4.1(3) CCM and have an old 3.3. Is there any way that I can import the Users and Phones from CCM 3.3 to 4.1? If so, could you please let me know how could I do that?

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

a.Use bat in 3.3 to export phone settings to a CSV file.

b. Open it using excel in your PC, copy the individual columns (like first name, lastname, mac-address, username, description, line text label, ext ph mask ) etc into the BAT.XLT file (you can search for this in the 4.1 server).

c. Use BAT in 4.1 server to reimport the settings back to 4.1 (you have to create phone templates first).

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks Sankar,

How about the users? Does it work in the same way?

Thanks again,

I dont remember exactly what features are available in BAT version for 3.3. You may be able to export phones and users.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

There're some button Tamplate in the 3.3 version such as 7960 14 buttons that I can't find it in the 4.1 version. Do you know how can I create a Tamplate with 14 Speed Dials only. The first button for all 7960 Tamplates is a line and it doesn't give me the option to change the line for a speed dial.

Thanks,

Hi Bahman,

Like Sankar noted in his good post,you are going to have to create custom Phone Button Templates in 4.1.3 to match the ones that existed in the 3.3 version. The good thing is that you have all the info needed in the 3.3 to match these up as follows;

Phone Button Templates

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edb46.html#wp1062557

To create a template, you must make a copy of an existing template and assign the template a unique name. You can make changes to the custom templates that you created, and you can change the labels of the default phone button templates. You cannot change the function of the buttons in the default templates. You can rename existing templates and modify them to create new ones, update custom templates to add or remove features, lines, or speed dials, and delete custom templates that are no longer being used. When you update a template, the change affects all phones that use the template.

Phone Button Template Configuration

From this doc;

Cisco CallManager Administration Guide, Release 4.1(3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed6f4.html#wp1000700

PS - **The first button on any template will have to be a Line button**.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Thanks Guys,

I exported the phones from CCM 3.3 but not able to use BAT file to import phones into 4.1. The BAT.XL file in C:\CiscoWEbs\BAT\ExcelTemplate floder has only 3 fields, 1)Number of lines, 2) Mac Address, 3) Description, while the one that I exported from 3.3 contains all configured fields. If I importe the phones using only those 3 fields, I will need to go back to each phone and configure the other fields such as the CCS, MOH, Divice Pool, Phone Tamplate ans so on. Could you please let me know or send me a document allowing me to understand the process of importing all fields together?

Thanks,

You can configure CSS, Device pool, phone template etc in BAT 5.1 (available with CM4.1) by createing Phone templates in BAT.

*****Do not confuse Phone Button templates (for IP phone buttons) with Phone templates (used in BAT) ******

You import phones in callmanager database using a combination of Phone templates for BAT and the CSV file that contain data.

a . Generic Device and Line settings are configured in the Phone template. (For example, MOH source, device pool, CSS, AARCSS, AAR group)

b. Device specific and line specific settings are imported through the CSV file. (For ex: Directory number, Ext Ph mask, Line text label etc.

Here is some documentation on BAT.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/bulk_adm/5_1_4/index.htm

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW