Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 4.1(3) - DialPlan 7-digit dialing Configuration

Hi. Currently I have a CallManager cluster providing services on different cities. Now we are moving a new office to the IPT cluster and the city dials 7-digit local calls dialing within the location and 10-digit local calls and 11-digit LD, etc..

What is the best approach for adding the 7-digit and 10-digit routes.. currently I'm not using the @ anywhere in the CallManager and I don't want to use it. Also adding unique route-patterns for all the 7-digit dialing is not the best approach as there are lots of routes.. Gateway is using MGCP.

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: CCM 4.1(3) - DialPlan 7-digit dialing Configuration

If you do not want to use Route Filters, your best and easiest option is to add 9.[2-9]XXXXXX route pattern belonging to Local parition.

HTH,

Chris

OK but then there is also a 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX route for local calls using 10-digit dialing and that will overlaps with the 7-digit dialing.... any idea besides using the # for end of dialing and/or adding all 7-digit specific routes that are lots of them?

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

Bronze

Instead of using 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX use the area code as your 2nd through 5th digits. For example:

9.[2-9]XXXXXX - for 7 digit local

9.212[2-9]XXXXXX - 10 digit local

9.315[3-9]XXXXXX - 10 digit local

9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX - Long distance

replacing the 212 and the 315 examples with area codes that are local to your area.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content