Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CCM 4.1.3 SR1 Ring Tones Problem

I have a brand new installation of CCM 4.1.3 with SP1 applied. I've configured the TFTP server and it appears to be functioning fine, phones come up, everything works except I only have the two default ring tones available from the phones. The additional ring tones are in the tftppath on the server, but the phones don't seem to be getting them. Any suggestions?

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: CCM 4.1.3 SR1 Ring Tones Problem

Hi John,

First of all, make sure that you have the hosts and lmhost file on both the Publisher and Subscriber Callmanagers are populated with each others entries.

Go into Service Parameters page and select the Publisher and select the Cisco TFTP service. Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the following options :

1) Build CNF Files* - build all

2) Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup* - True

3) Enable Caching of Configuration Files* - false

After this, restart the cisco TFTP service on the TFTP server and the backup TFTP server (if you have any) and "RESET" the phones.

Let me know how it goes.

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Hi John,

First of all, make sure that you have the hosts and lmhost file on both the Publisher and Subscriber Callmanagers are populated with each others entries.

Go into Service Parameters page and select the Publisher and select the Cisco TFTP service. Click on the Advanced tab and scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select the following options :

1) Build CNF Files* - build all

2) Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup* - True

3) Enable Caching of Configuration Files* - false

After this, restart the cisco TFTP service on the TFTP server and the backup TFTP server (if you have any) and "RESET" the phones.

Let me know how it goes.

Super Bronze

Might be a silly question - but you say you have your tones in the tftppath... do you have your edited ringlist.xml in the path?

Check it's not been overwritten by an SP or something with the original version.

If all's well, try setting up/checking the traces for the TFTP service, to see if the file is being served....

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to resolve the issue with this information.

John

Community Member

Wouldn't this adversly affect the time a phone takes to load? I am having a simlar problem, but mine is only on a few phones.

Super Bronze

It may negatively affect the TFTP server performance... I'm not sure why exactly it's necessary to disable the caching (it must cause something to be re-written/re-read somewhere - see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6763.shtml#q38 for another example of it fixing something) but I think once the system is working you can re-enable caching...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content