Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 4.1(3) with 2N Voice Blue Enterprise GSM VoIP Gateway

Hello all,

The scenario:

A CCM running 4.1(3)sr2 connected to a 2N VBE GSM VoIP Gateway through H.323.

The problem:

In a redundant scenario, where if there are no channels available in the GSM gateway the CallManager should redirect the calls to an alternate route (via ISDN), CallManager is not acting as expected because it will never switch to the defined alternate route.

What I did to try to solve the problem:

In CCMs' Service Parameters I manipulated the "Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag" and "Stop Routing on User Busy Flag" parameters and changed their values from True to False. After that I tried several of the "Reject call code" and "No route code" options present in the config page of the H.323 line, namelly the following ones:

"Local endpoint application cleared call", "Local endpoint did not accept call", "Local endpoint declined to answer call", "Local endpoint busy", "Local endpoint congested" and "Call cleared due to no circuit channel available".

Unfortunatelly none of this tests solved the problem.

So I end up asking this forum if anyone already ran into this, or a similar problem that can provide some hints on how to solve this situation.

Best regards,

Pedro Marques

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: CCM 4.1(3) with 2N Voice Blue Enterprise GSM VoIP Gateway

how is this 'second/redundant' call path/gateway setup in CCM administration?

is it set in a routeGroup and identified in a routeList that is then used in the routePattern gateway/routeList configuration?

(i recommend this way of providing redundant gateways to routePatterns if they are required)

is this setup as an AAR? if so, this may not necessarily be the best solution for the redundant call path need. if this is the case, i would recommend setting up the redundant path as described above and test.

are there any gatekeepers in your environment. if so, it may be a configuration issue there.

Re: CCM 4.1(3) with 2N Voice Blue Enterprise GSM VoIP Gateway

The option beeing used is the first one. The GSM VoIP Gateway is defined as a H.323 gateway in CCM. This gateway is associated to a Route Group that is assigned to a Route List and finally, this Route List is defined in the Route Pattern.

There are no gatekeepers in this environment.

cheers

"

Views
Helpful
Replies