Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 4.2 --> 5.0 FREE??

Hi all. Our customer is running CCM3.2 on 7835. He is planning to upgrade for CCM4.2 (buying CM4.2-U-K9-7835=). If he will decided (in future) to upgrade CCM4.2 for CCM5.0 is this upgrade free? Which "service" (I mean SASU or somethink like that) is necessary to buy together with CM4.2-U-K9-7835= for having free upgrade to 5.0 ???

Thanks a lot and sorry for my silly questions, but CCM ordering and licencing is quite difficult for me ;-)

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: CCM 4.2 --> 5.0 FREE??

Hi, CCM versions 4.2 and 5.0 are different trains so you can't use SASU services to obtain 5.0 later.

You should contact with a Cisco sales representative to know the details but I know there is an special offer and if you buy know CCM 4.2 they give you the opportunity for changing to the 5.0 at no cost in a future.

Regards.

Pls, rate if helpful

Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CCM 4.2 --> 5.0 FREE??

Hi Miroslav,

I just wanted to add a note that CCM 4.2 to CCM 5.0 is not currently supported. Have a look at this excerpt from an excellent upgrade doc;

Upgrade from Cisco Unified CallManager 4.2 to Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0

This upgrade is currently not supported.

From this doc;http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/prod_brochure09186a0080174928.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies