Cisco Support Community
Hall of Fame Super Silver

CCM 5.0 Orderability

Is CCM 5.0 shipping yet? When will one be able to order it?

Also, it seems that there is an upgrade path from 4.1 to 5.0? How does it work since 4.1 is Windows based on 5.0 is Linux Appliance?

Re: CCM 5.0 Orderability

There is a utility called Data Migration Assistant. Refer to document ciscocm.5-0-2-ReadMe.pdf. It's available to download under 5.0 downloads.

Hey Chris,

5.0 is currently on New Product Hold but you usually can get it if you fill out the form located here

A word to the wise. Be very generous when giving you target dates for going live. This is better of in a lab environment (wink wink, nudge nudge) for testing until Cisco releases it. Your local SEs can help get it as well.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Community Member

Hey chris, I ordered it when it first came out, March 15th, on the PUT so i'd have it for my lab testing. They finally shipped it today. This longer wait may have been b/c they didn't have the cds pressed yet, but that's just my experience fyi

You can request an upgrade through PUT and get the CM discs. This software will have then to be installed on a customer supplied server (check approved servers for the same). To upgrade from 4.x to 5.0, you will need to use DMA.

You can order the appliance which comes with CM discs and then install it on the appliance.

You can upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0, but cannot upgrade from 4.2 to 5.0.

CreatePlease to create content