Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 5.1(3d) - XML Parse Error [4] when accessing personal directory

m.newbould
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently upgraded a customer's CallManager to 5.1(3d), which in turn upgraded all of the phones to version 8.3.2. Since the upgrade, a few users who used to be able to access the Personal Address Book from the phone can no longer access it. They are requested to login, and then get 'XML Parse Error [4]' on the phone display. I have tried upgrading the phone software and locales, but the problem is still there.

This has only been an issue since upgrading the CallManager.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark.

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

This issue occurs when the Prompt element contains more than 32 characters. The Prompt element can show up in many XML objects, such as CiscoIPPhoneInput and CiscoIPPhoneMenu that are supported by Cisco IP Phones. According to XML schema, the maximum number of characters contained in the Prompt element is 32. In order to avoid this issue, you need to shorten the directory name length to 31 characters or less.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Is this a common issue after an upgrade?

I am running a Linux based CCM... Do you know where the files are stored and what they are called? I have not had any reason to alter these before, so it isn't something I am familiar with.

Thanks again..

Mark.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: