Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.1 Auto Attendant Console communication problem

blackswans
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I get an error message "error communicating with the server" when I click the save button in the first screen. I write the ccm ip address in the attendant server host name field (1st field), in the second field I write my dn, I dont write anything in the last field. Any suggestions?

thx

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Okan, take a look at the following document for troubleshooting Attendant Console error messages:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2351/products_tech_note09186a0080946192.shtml#p2

It would appear that the GUI is unable to communicate with the CallManager, I could understand if the client required DNS if you were using hostnames, but this is not the case.

Pleae verify network connectivity to the CCM Host in question? Firewalls on the client PC can certainly cause these headaches.

Rgds

Allan.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

One particular issue about firewall that I didn't mention my previous post is directly associate with XP SP2. This may or may not related to your problem, but thought you should be aware of it:-

Starting Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console After Installing Windows XP SP2

When you start Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console for the first time after you install Windows XP SP2, a dialog box displays that indicates that Windows Firewall has blocked some features of the ACClient application. To create an exception in the Windows Firewall, so you can continue using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console, click Unblock. The operating system configures the exception automatically.

After you unblock the firewall, configure or update any attendant console settings that you did not configure during the installation process

The information was reference from the feature and service guide for Attendant Console:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1152462

Rgds

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: