Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM clear IP Phone Status when Jtapi connection is reset

We have noticed that when a jtapi connection is closed, CallManager send an Init:AppStatus to all previously observed IP Phones. This seems to be undocumented and it is a problem because it reset CiscoIPPhoneStatus pushed by other applications.

Do anybody noticed that ? Is there a way to avoid it ?

Thanks and regards,

JM Lacoste

3 REPLIES

Re: CCM clear IP Phone Status when Jtapi connection is reset

I noticed that as well.. I didn't go into details so I didn't know that the ccm actually does something, but then again, when I push via http, that never happens so this explanation makes a lot of sense.

My JTAPI apps are always on so for me it's not a problem. I just also lose the display if a phone is reset or a user logs in/out, but I'm catching the appropriate "phone up/down" events and push another CiscoIPPhoneStatus when appropriate (with a 5 second delay.. when JTAPI reports the phone is operation and you push immediately.. you're getting the dreaded internal cti error.. I guess IP phones are like windows.. when you see that it's up, you can't really use it yet).

Thanks, it is interesting.

How can you know a user have login/logout or a phone has been reset ? Via TerminalChangedEvent ?

Thks,

JMLacoste

TerminalChangedEvent is too broad, look at CiscoTermOutOfServiceEv and CiscoTermInServiceEv. Obviously, it's the same event whether you reset the phone or login/logout, or pull the plug to a phone/replug it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content