Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCM Corporate Directory Search via phone

Hi,

When a user searches the Corp Directory via an IP Phone, I notice that they get directed to the xmldirectory.asp, which in turn redirects them to the xmldirectorylist.asp fo the search. So.. where does it search? Does it use the cisco/tftppath folder to search for a directory of names and numbers?

The reason I am asking is that I had to play with the tftppath due to MoH issues over the weekend. Now, my users cannot search through the Corp Directory...

Any takers in helping me out? I have verified IIS and other settings, so I am just wondering if the search uses the TFTPPath, and if so, what I can do to fix it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: CCM Corporate Directory Search via phone

Hi

It might also be that we are running into a flavour of this: CSCdz40113

This is the workaround specified in the release-notes:

Workaround:

Stop and restart the IIS Admin Service. If IIS or World Wide Web publishing fail to start:

1. change the IIS Admin service startup type to disabled

2. open a cmd prompt and cd to c:\utils. type the command 'kill inetinfo.exe' without the quotes

3. change the IIS Admin service startup type back to automatic

and start the IIS Admin Service and World Wide Web Publishing Service

Ullie

9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi

It depends really what directoy you are integrating with. If you are integrated with AD it will do a search in there and when you are integrated with the embedded dc directory it will do a search there. It does not go into the tftppath. What error are you getting when doing a search? Does the search still work from the callmanager?

Ullie

We get the following error:

"An Error occurred and was logged (undefined)"

This is not searching via AD, it is using the embedded DC Directory. So can I just do a search via the DC Directory within CCM?

Lee

Cisco Employee

So you are seeing on the phone an error has occurred and was logged? When you hit the directories button are you actually able to type in a user and search for it or do you not even get to that stage?

Also did you check the W3svclogs at C:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1to see if there was any indication there why it failed?

Ullie

I can do a search via the directory, but I get an error once I hit the search button.

Here's what I found in the Log Files. 192.168.8.15 is my IP Phone, and 192.168.2.2 is the Publisher..

2003-06-16 18:45:28 192.168.8.15 - 192.168.2.2 80 GET /CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp name=SEP000BBE1CF1D7&locale=English_United_States 200 Allegro-Software-WebClient/3.12

2003-06-16 18:45:30 192.168.8.15 - 192.168.2.2 80 GET /CCMCIP/xmldirectoryinput.asp - 200 Allegro-Software-WebClient/3.12

2003-06-16 18:45:37 192.168.8.15 - 192.168.2.2 80 GET /CCMCIP/xmldirectorylist.asp f=J&l=Aundefined:-2147219932:CDBLException+Dump:+[Connection+to+the+LDAP+server+failed,+see+result+code] 200 Allegro-Software-WebClient/3.12

Cisco Employee

Hi

If you go to http://192.168.2.2/ccmuser can you still login? Also if you go to http://192.168.2.2/ccmadmin and you go to the global directory can you still search from there?

And finally if you go to the services applet what's the status of the dc directory service?

Ullie

Yep.. I can still log into CCMUSER, I can still do a search via CCMADMIN, and the DC Directory Svc is running...

What is wierd about the error within the log I sent you was that it states the "Connection to the LDAP Server Failed". What exactly is CCM using LDAP for? Is it for this sort of service, even though its internal and not using AD?

Lee

Cisco Employee

Hi

Dc Directory is just an ldap directory "like" AD. This is how we connect and search into that directory.

Try a couple of searches and have a look in c:\dcdsrvr\logs. This will contain also more info on the problem. Specifically look in the dirX.log files. Also have you tried resettting a phone?

Ullie

Cisco Employee

Hi

It might also be that we are running into a flavour of this: CSCdz40113

This is the workaround specified in the release-notes:

Workaround:

Stop and restart the IIS Admin Service. If IIS or World Wide Web publishing fail to start:

1. change the IIS Admin service startup type to disabled

2. open a cmd prompt and cd to c:\utils. type the command 'kill inetinfo.exe' without the quotes

3. change the IIS Admin service startup type back to automatic

and start the IIS Admin Service and World Wide Web Publishing Service

Ullie

That was it!!!! Thanks for sending my the bug info.. I restarted the svc and we're good to go. Although the bug states that this happens in places where 6000+ phones are located, we're only running about 400. So I'd say that its time for me to upgrade to 3.2.2c SPG.

Lee

Views
Helpful
Replies