CCM DESIGN

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Scenario-

Network- Hub-Spoke - Frame Relay

IPT at Head Office- One CCM 4.0 WITH one Unity 4.0 - No redundancy

Branches - 16 - MGCP

Customer wants to now extend IPT for a new location with 200 + users. they want to also utilise thier existing IPT. link will be Frame-relay as well, with future directives to go MPLS network and for this new site to be a mirror site.

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS from a design prospective?

Im thinking, New CCM X2 plus unity at new site and create and IP Trunk to existing CCM. id also make a strong recommendation to add redundancy to thier existing systems. Howeverer, how would i design this in the case that they need the site to be mirrored in the furture, therefore if Head office goes down all users can failover to the mirror site and register with that backup system, whilst, everyone at that new site will register with the new system only.

Hope im clear :)

4 Replies 4

a001b20043809
Level 1
Level 1

Do you see the SRND available?

Solution Reference Network Design - Unified Communications

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns656/networking_solutions_design_guidances_list.html#anchor8

The intention for this location was to be a mirror site.

i ended up going with another cluster.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It seems that the current deployment does not consist of too many phones, why not instead of getting another CCM cluster, getting second CCM and possibly Unity failover server (remember not to put Unity over the WAN) thus making your current cluster fully redundant?

You can place the second CCM accross WAN as long as you have ~900 kbps dedicated for SQL replication and less than 40 ms delay.

Chris

MAke sure it is 40ms RTD max. I ran into some serious replication errors when I tried this, and the RTD was over 40 ms, even for a short time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: