Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM Dialing restrictions

I have a customer that wants to restrict long distance dialing privileges on certain phones but wants to allow the same phones to dial pre-defined long distance numbers. What would be the best way to implement this?

Any suggestions on this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Chris

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: CCM Dialing restrictions

The best solution would be to implement Route Filters with clauses where area-code == XXX where XXX is the area code, applying ths RF to Route Pattern which has a parition assigned that is listed in the phone's Calling Search Space and at the same time do not include parition assigned to route patterns allowing other long distance calling.

Another approach is to create seperate route patterns for each area code, for example you only want to allow access to 312 and 847 area code, simply create a new parition Allowed-LD-PT, create new route patterns such as 91847XXXXXXX and 91312XXXXXXX, assign the new parition to this route patterns, and add this parition to Calling Search Space applied to the phones, again making sure that other long distance RP paritions are not included.

Chris

What I was thinking was creating an unrestricted calling search space and applying it to the phone’s device calling search space. This CSS would allow the phone to call any number. Then I would create a CSS that would block long distance dialing. This CSS would then be applied to the specific DN’s the customer wanted restricted. This way I would only have to create one restricted CSS and could apply it to any phone at any location. Then I would have to create specific route patterns allowing long distance calls to certain specific locations. These route patterns would be applied to the CSS on the DN’s as well.

My thinking being a user on a restricted DN would be able to dial the specific long distance number defined by the allowed route pattern but not any other long distance number. This user would also be able to dial all local numbers and services allowed by the CSS applied to the device.

Am I out in left field on this?

Thank you,

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Silver

This will be fine, it really depends on how you want to build your class of service. But you get the point, it's all done with correct CSS/Parition configuration.

Chris

Hi Chris,

One way can be by definin CSS and Partion where we will not assign partion in the CSS of those phones where you dont want long distance dialing...

another way can be without changing the existin configuration we can configure FAC ( Force access codes ) on route patterns now only those people will be able to dial out those who know those codes.

Let me know if that helps !!

Cheers:)

Gaurav

Silver

Another way of doing this is to create a translation pattern which uses an access string, say *8 to dial specific numbers. For example *8.0012345678 is converted to 0012345678 and the CSS in the translation pattern has access to the partitions containing the route pattern(s) which can dial long distance. The translation pattern partition is placed in the device CSS (buth this CSS doesn't require access to the long distance route patterns).

Therefore, devices can only place calls to specific long-distance destinations without having access to the partitions containing the route patterns which allow unrestricted long-distance dialling.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content