Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM does not start automaticly on boot

Hi,

we had CCM 4.1(2)SR1, OS 2000.2.6sr8, CSA 1.1.7. We made an upgrade: uninstalled CSA, upgraded OS to 2000.4.2sr1, CCM to 4.1(3)SR2, CSA to 2.0.3. The upgrade was successful, no errors, but now on the server boot, CCM service does not start automaticaly, even it is configured to do so. "At least one service or driver did not start..." message appears. I have to go to Services console and start it manualy. In Event Viewer, there are 2 error messages:

1. Timeout (45000) miliseconds waiting for the Cisco Call Manager service to connect.

2. The Cisco Call Manager service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

What can be the problem? I have 2 servers in a cluster, this issue appears on both. Even in the testing lab, I have this problem, but I am having it since the first installation of CCM, regardless of version (3.3, 4.0, 4.1). But on production network it appeared after the upgrade.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: CCM does not start automaticly on boot

It looks like a bug, try the bug CSCec02338

Please include the bug description here, I am not allowed to see it in the bug toolkit; it lists possible reasons:

The defect number does not exist.

The defect does not have a customer-visible description available yet.

The defect has been marked Cisco Confidential.

Thanks.

I had the exact same issue.

The bug is actually CSCsb88052. The Call Manager Service does not start on boot up on low end servers such as the MCS7815-I. The workaround is to increase the DWORD: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ ServicesPipeTimeout to 60000ms from

45000ms.

This bug is not fixed in OS 4.2sr2 or apparently OS 4.2sr3

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

thank you for the help, it works! Sorry for not replying earlier, it is a production server so I had to wait with reboot till yesterday.

Thanks again.

Lubomir

Views
Helpful
Replies