Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCM - Execute a push cmd when phone registers (login script)

Good day.

I need to push a command (CiscoIPPhoneExecute) to a IP telephone when the phone registers with CCM. Is there a way to configure CCM to push the command to the phone? The functionallity is like a login script that must be run when the phone registers.

My regards,

Cobus Swart

4 REPLIES

Re: CCM - Execute a push cmd when phone registers (login script)

The only thing that comes to mind is monitoring all phones via JTAPI, then when you get an event telling you a phone has gone into service, you push the data to the phone (you can do that directly via JTAPI so there's no need for authentication.. on the downside, you need to register a callobserver for the push to succeed even though that requirement makes no sense, and isn't documented either). Also, wait a few seconds after getting the event or the push will fail (once again, why oh why does jtapi report the phone is online if the push cannot be done?).

I have such code into place as I need the same functionality.. each time a phone goes into service (and that includes em login/logout.. which is really what I'm interested in), I do a DB lookup and push some data to the phone.

Thank you for the information.

1. Can you please point me to information on how to register a callobserver?

2. What I need is to determine a user (DN) and push data/commands for that user/dn to the phone (IP) where he is logged in. Do you know of a easy way of getting the information from the CCM database?

Thank you in advance,

C

1) download jtapi from your ccm plugin page.. install it, and you have the jtrace application.. it shows you how to register a call observer. Alternatively, get the SDK and have a look at the callerinfoserver.

2) Here it depends on how you configure your phones. There are basically three ways: 1) you're using extension mobility profiles. In that case, you need to query the EM provider.

If you're using the owner userID in the phone configuration, you need AXL instead (do a getPhone, look for the owner user id)

If you're using neither em and the owner user id, you can still associate a phone to a user by going to the user, and give it rights to control a phone. If you're doing that, you need to query the ldap directory. If you look at the SDK, getting the User from a Phone object does just that.

And here's the master links with all guides and the SDK:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Oh, in case of the owner user id, an sql query would work as well.. but keep in mind that starting with ccm 5.0 direct access to the sql db is no longer possible.. so axl is a safer choice (but Cisco messed up AXL big time.. if implemented properly, a version change would not require changes but as it is, you have to recreate a proper WSDL to get things working again).

Thank you, I will see if I can solve my problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies