Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Blue

CCM Intercluster Trunk to CME 3.1

This is my first experience with CME, and I have not spent much time troubleshooting yet, but perhaps someone who has been down this road can save me some effort. I have CME3.1 running on a 3745 (12.3.7T)code, and my Call Manager is 3.3.3 SR1.

No problem with calls between the CME phones, but G711 intercluster calls are dropped as soon as they are answered. The phone rings normally, and caller name is working. A debug H225/H245 seems to indicate a rejection of the capabilities exchange. I started with this set up for G729, but this gave me "not enough bandwidth" fast busy on the CCM originated calls, and "number not found" on the CME, so I went G711 with no location to see if it was a CAC issue.

I have followed the doc on internetworking CME 3.1 with Call Manager, which is quite clear. There are only 2 Call Manager H323 parameters to set, and most of the critical config setting in the router are default. I did try setting them all just to be sure, but no change.

Thanks, Dave

2 REPLIES

Re: CCM Intercluster Trunk to CME 3.1

Have you setup an MTP on CCM? That is a required component.

Blue

Re: CCM Intercluster Trunk to CME 3.1

I got it working. Funny how things can be a lot clearer on a Monday morning than they were at 6:30 on Friday.

The capabilities was being rejected because G729B (silence suppression) was disabled on the Call Manager, and that's what I had in the voice class on the router. The original insufficient bandwidth problem was because the Call Manager allocates 80kb per call even though it is a G729 region and the call is going through as G729. This is an apparent bug, but the simple workaround is to just set the location bandwidth for 240 which will allow the three G729 calls my QOS can handle. I tested this and it works.

Views
Helpful
Replies