cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM isn't playing nice with Teleco

MarkMonteleone
Level 1
Level 1

I am having some issues getting my MGCP gateway to play nice with the Teleco's PRI(NI2). I would like to have a DN setup to point to a phone or group of phones. But it seems that I have to have the phone have the number of the DID! Seems limited. Also, if I dial in from the same lata and have the DN on a phone 555-1212 all is well. But people for other area codes can't reach me, vise versa. If I put 222-555-1212, other area codes can reach me, but not local lata.

On the flip-side,

Teleco NOC says that I am sending to much info and that I should change my IP-pbx to send 'unknown' or something.. Cause he is seeing the DN of the phone which can be either xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxxx. I am feeling If I can setup the DN on a list rather than a phone, all would be well.

Any quick sheets on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How many digits does the telco present to you for inbound calls?

In most cases we see only 4 digits. In this case the phones can have 4 digit DN's to match and all is good.

Go to the Gateway configuration screen in CCMAdmin for the MGCP Gateway in question. In the section "Inbound Calls" change the "Significant Digits" to match the number of digits the Telco is presenting. This should take care of the inbound calls.

On this same screen in the "Outbound Calls" section there are the following parameters:

Called party IE number type unknown

Calling party IE number type unknown

Called Numbering Plan

Calling Numbering Plan

The Telco is referring to one or more of these parameters. I am not sure what issue you are running into for outbound calls nor which parameter(s) the Telco does not like. You can try changing one or more of these to "Unknown" to see which one resolves your issue.

Kevin

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How many digits does the telco present to you for inbound calls?

In most cases we see only 4 digits. In this case the phones can have 4 digit DN's to match and all is good.

Go to the Gateway configuration screen in CCMAdmin for the MGCP Gateway in question. In the section "Inbound Calls" change the "Significant Digits" to match the number of digits the Telco is presenting. This should take care of the inbound calls.

On this same screen in the "Outbound Calls" section there are the following parameters:

Called party IE number type unknown

Calling party IE number type unknown

Called Numbering Plan

Calling Numbering Plan

The Telco is referring to one or more of these parameters. I am not sure what issue you are running into for outbound calls nor which parameter(s) the Telco does not like. You can try changing one or more of these to "Unknown" to see which one resolves your issue.

Kevin

In my case I am asking the Telco to provide 7 because I am going to have different NPA-NXX on this PRI. I believe your solution is valid for the Incoming, but what about the outgoing? Is their a way to figure out what those for items are doing, and what they mean?

Also in setting up a IP-Centrex type of senario where we will have a number like 555-1212 and then have multple other lines/DIDs. Can I have the numbers be pointed to a Hunt group so that the numbers roll, and that all phones associated with that number pickup bottom to top. This was easier with H323, but believe MGCP is the way I need to go.

Any feedback on these 2?

These settings set the numbering plan and type as per the Q.931 specification. Setting the type to "Cisco CallManager" means that CallManager sets the plan/type on a per-route pattern basis. IIRC - For any route pattern that does not have an @, it is set to unknown/unknown and for @ pattern matches that match a national number, it is set to ISDN/National, and for @ pattern matches that match an international number, they are set to ISDN/International.

The doc for the GW config screen can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed699.html#wp1311922

You can try setting all to Unknown and test to see if it works. Or you can find out from the Telco specifically what are expecting.

Yes, you can have inbound numbers, whether H.323 or MGCP, that are assigned to Hunt Groups. I am not sure what you mean by "pickup bottom to top".

Kevin

I was just on the phone with the LEC NOC and they said that my equipment was sending a 'National Flag'.

Question is, where is that getting sourced from my router or CCM?

I changed the all 4 associating dropdowns above to CCM or unknown and in a couple of cases ISDN. No matter what i changed the above 4 options, the NOC said the calls were being flaged as 'National' instead of 'unknown'.

They saw the ammount of digets I was sending out(DN number I set up for the phone). Should this be 7 or 10 digets?

When I set my DN to a 10diget #, and call a 10 number, my call completes, but callled party can't hear me...

When I set my DN to 7 diget #, nothing good happens.

NOC says its because of this 'National flag'

Any idea's?

That sounds strange. CCM will generate this. You can use "debug idsn q931" on the GW to see what is being sent out the PRI. If this does not match what you have CCM set for then we will need to look at Detailed CCM and SDL/CCM traces along with call info including call time, called and calling and the settings of the 4 parameters. Need the traces from the server that the MGCP GW is registered to. If this does match and the Telco is seeing something different then they might not be looking at the switch your PRI is connected to.

You can open a TAC case if you would like to have the traces looked at. Or you can email them to me. I won't be able to look at them until sometime tomorrow.

Kevin

Also, provide the corresponding "debug isdn q931" for each test call.

parvez.khan
Level 1
Level 1

Create a translation pattern

Turns out that the version of CCM 4.0(1) wasn't updating the MGCP gw, I manually reset the gateway by issuing a no mgcp and then mgcp! I know.

Since have upgraded to 4.1.3sr1 but have experianced a one way voice issue on outbound calls, all is well on inbound calls...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: