cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Load Balancing

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 5300 E1 ports on two different gateways used for incoming. I have configured the route patterns in the callmanager poining to one gateway only. I have configured all of them with h.323. I have to load balance the outgoing call on both the gateways. The site is non NANP. How can I achieve this.

4 Replies 4

oodunuga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Should be pretty straight forward.

1.Configure the the two gateways as H323 gateways on the call manager

2. Create a route-group "RG_PSTN" and add the two h323 gateway created earlier to this group. select order 1 for both gateways

3.go service parameters and set the Reorder Route-list to TRUE

This is what you get with the servi ce parameter.

Reorder Route List : Use this parameter for route group configuration. If this fag is set to True, all devices of the first Route group of a Route list with the same device-selection-order will take turn to handle calls in a round-robin fashion. If this flag is set to False, all devices of the first Route group with the same device-selection-order will handle calls in the linear fashion.

This is a required field. Default: false.

Hope it helps

Regards

Tola.

I have some of the dial-peers on only one gateway and some of them on both gateways. What happens to outgoing call which goes to gateway which doesnt have the dial-peer. Will it go back to the first gateway.

Reorder Route List: Does that say fag?

I just checked my 3.3(3) system, and it says flag. So if it did say that at one point, its fixed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: